Is sleep apnea and narcolespy the same and if not what's the difference, a dot doctor told me he thinks I have sleep apnea!

There are different. With sleep apnea you stop breathing, due to central apnea or obstruction in case of narcolepsy you fall sleep.
No. Sleep apnea is a common disorder in which you have one or more pauses in breathing or shallow breaths while you sleep. Narcolepsy is a chronic disorder of the central nervous system characterized by the brain's inability to control sleep-wake cycles. At various times throughout the day, people with narcolepsy experience irresistible and sudden bouts of sleep.
They. They are not the same but both can present with excessive sleepiness. Sleep apnea disrupts sleep, and in the more severe cases can lead to intermittent drops in body oxygen levels. The sleep disruption then leads to the daytime sleepiness. Narcolepsy is caused by the selective death of a small group of nerve cells inside the brain. This leads to severe sleepiness and sudden attacks of loss of muscle tone (cataplexy) that are often triggered by strong emotions.