Should my toddler take vitamins?

Dr. Laura Webb

In brief: Depends

If your toddler is eating a well balanced diet with sources of protein, green leafy veggies and dairy products a vitamin is probably not needed.
(if your water doesn't have Fluoride your child may need a Fluoride supplement). However if their diet is deficient in a certain area a multivitamin may be a good idea. Talk to your pediatrician about your child's eating habits.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Laura Webb
Dr. Marcus Degraw

In brief: Yes and no

My approach to this is that a child eating a balanced diet is unlikely to need extra vitamins.
Most healthy and balanced diets, including good dairy intake, should suffice. However, there are tons of studies and new data to suggest that plenty of us are deficient in things like vitamin d and therefore could use more. So, giving extra vitamins in regular dozing should not hurt and may help.

In brief: Yes and no

Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Jonathan Jassey