What should I do about an infected mosquito bite? My duaghter has had a misquito bite for a few days and today I noticed that it seems more large and the skin around it looks a little yellowish an feels a little hard, and if you look really close it looks

See a Doctor. Insect bites can become infected with bacteria. If it is a spider bite, the skin may become necrotic. Some changes may be due to an allergic reaction to the bit. If the reaction around the bite is enlarging or getting worse, see a doctor.
You. You can start by keeping the area clean with soap and water and applying antibiotic ointment to the bite. You can also try warm compresses to draw out the infection - 20 minutes (or as long as she lets you) 2-3 times a day. A warm bath works also. If the area has spreading redness, is worsening instead of improving or if your child develops fevers and chills, these are reasons to contact her doctor since she might need antibiotics to fight the infection. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.