How can I stop my toddler form acting out whenever i'm on the phone?

Dr. Alan Greene
In brief: Phone toys
We kept a small basket of fun toys that only came down when the phone rang (including a toy phone).
Also, taught toddler to silently place his hand on mine if he needed attention during the call and would get to him asap. Acting out wouldn't get attention, so he learned fairly quickly.

In brief: Phone toys
Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Alan Greene
Dr. Ellen Altenburg
In brief: Ignore
I recommend ignoring the behavior and walking away from him ( assuming you wouldn't be leaving him in an unsafe place).

In brief: Ignore
Dr. Ellen Altenburg
Dr. Ellen Altenburg
Dr. Charles Gordon
Time outs. Not for long, maybe 5 minutes at a time.
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
In brief: A new TipTap
Ignore him, or conversely - allow him to answer his own "phone" when you are on the phone.

In brief: A new TipTap
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Cindy Juster