How do I stop my child from biting other kids at daycare?

Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz

In brief: Time outs

Every time your child bites, he should immediately and consistently be put in timeout.

In brief: Time outs

Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Evelyn Hurvitz
Dr. Kathryn Seifert
children between the ages of 2 and. 3 may be Normally aggressive. They must be taught other ways to get what they want or to express frustration using language and problem solving. Aggression should disappear by the time children are 5 or 6. If it doesn't, professional help is probably needed.

In brief: Catch in act/respond

Toddlers may bite less out of aggression & more because it works.
Stopping another kid's advances or getting them to drop a toy they want may be their only thought. They often don't know it hurts, like they don't know "hot" until they get burned. If you can catch them in the act & scold them within 30 sec, they may quit. If not, bite once w/out breaking the skin & give them that educational point.

In brief: Catch in act/respond