Bad insomnia, haven't slept in days i haven't been able to sleep in days. I take multiple sleeping pills to help with insomnia but they're not working. What can I do?

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: See a psychiatrist

Certainly you have to rule out bipolar disorder.
Please see a psychiatrist who. Can diagnose you and render appropriate treatment. Insomnia that severe is almost always from a psychiatric condition or withdrawal from something. You need acute intervention. Best wishes to you.

In brief: See a psychiatrist

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Ravi Chand

In brief: Insomnia

There is acute insomnia or chronic insomnia, acute insomnia is less than 3 months and chronic is more than 3 to 6 months please identify the stressor that caused this, it could be move to a different time zone, financial, relation stress etc.
Google sleep hygiene you may need short term meds like ambien cognitive behavior therapy for insomnia works best according to studies.

In brief: Insomnia

Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Ravi Chand
Dr. Alan Ali
If response inadequate, review your medications with your prescribing doctor and ask for referral to a sleep specialist for sleep studies.
Dr. William Depaso
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine

In brief: I

I would make an appointment with a board certified sleep specialist.

In brief: I

Dr. William Depaso
Dr. William Depaso
Dr. Eric Weisman