What is a stressed cornea and how is it treated blurred vision

Dr. William Dieck
Ophthalmology

In brief: Depends

If by a stressed cornea, you mean one that is swollen, due to fluid accumulation, it is normal for your vision to be reduced.
"stress"on the corneal that results in edema can arise from infection, surgical inflammation, trauma, inherited corneal and dystrophies , among others. Treatment of the underlying cause of the "stress" is needed.

In brief: Depends

Dr. William Dieck
Dr. William Dieck
Dr. Jeffrey Davis
Ophthalmology

In brief: The

The term "stressed cornea" is not a usual term that we cornea specialist use.
It could be eluding to many different conditions including dry eye, keratoconus, contact lens over wear, ect. Each of these conditions have very different treatments. Do you have more specifics on your condition that can help me determine what is going on with your cornea?

In brief: The

Dr. Jeffrey Davis
Dr. Jeffrey Davis
Dr. Vicken Poochikian