Why might my urologist not want to see me as a patient unless I get a cystoscopy?

Dr. George Klauber
Pediatrics - Urology

In brief: Dr should explain ?

You must have seen the dr if s/he is your urologist.
Dr is correct if you have blood in urine, mass in bladder seen on ultrasound or as part of work-up for urinary symptoms. However any good dr. Should be prepared to explain reason for any procedue including cystoscopy.

In brief: Dr should explain ?

Dr. George Klauber
Dr. George Klauber
Dr. Jesse Mills
Urology

Cystoscopy is critical to evaluating people with blood in their urine, inability to urinate or trauma to the urethra or bladder.
It is important to evaluate any other urologic condition associated with difficulties urinating; this includes incontinence, diminished force of stream, painful urination. Your urologist is trying to make as complete and accurate a diagnosis as possible.

Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Vicken Poochikian