How will an anti-inflammatory drug regimen affect my lasik surgery outcome? I am suffering from systemic lupus and take steroid anti-inflammatory drugs daily for a few years. These have noticeable side effects for me and wonder how my medication regimen w

It. It is unlikely the anti-inflammatory will have an impact. However, having lupus might influence your recovery rate, you may need more time for healing than a person without lupus. Usually, we recommend that patient not be in an acute inflammatory state with their lupus, symptoms are minimal at the time of lasik surgery. Be sure you lasik surgeon knows you have lupus, also discuss your upcoming lasik surgery with the provider monitoring your lupus.
Lupus. If your lupus requires daily long term steroid orally, you may not be the best lasik candidate. You are at higher risk for delayed healing, inflammation, dry eye, and other problems.