While i'm having a hydrocele operation, could the surgeon just put in a penile implant?

Dr. Hrair-George Mesrobian
Pediatrics - Urology

I am assuming there is a reason for your question.
I would address your concern with your urologist. There are alternatives to penile implants for the treatment of erectile dysfunction.

Dr. Hrair-George Mesrobian
Dr. Hrair-George Mesrobian
Dr. James Krick
Urology

In brief: Penile prosthesis

Inflatable penile prostheses require the placement of a pump in the scrotum. Cylinders and a reservoir are also placed.
Due to the inflammation associated with hydrocele excision, your urologist may prefer not to place a prosthesis at this time although it can be done.

In brief: Penile prosthesis

Dr. James Krick
Dr. James Krick
Dr. Jesse Mills
Urology

In brief: No

Hydrocele surgery can lead to a lot of post-operative swelling which can complicate your recovery from penile implant surgery.
There's also an increased risk of post-operative infection which can be devastating with an implant in place. I recommend waiting at least 6 weeks to heal from the hydrocele, then returning for the implant.

In brief: No

Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Vicken Poochikian