Should i call my daughters pediatrician? My daughter started vomitting 2 days ago (5-6 times on saturday is when it started); on sunday (yesterday) she vomitted 3 times and then went 30+ hours and vomitted one more time. During the 30 hours she kept flui

Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Nausea

Nausea and vomiting are common in kids and are usually caused by a short-lived viral illness.
While most children do not need to be seen by a doctor, here are a few "red flags" that should prompt you to call your child's doctor. -worsening symptoms instead of improving after 24 hours -dehydration: if you notice dry mouth, lack of tears, no urine for 8 hours, sunken eyes, rapid pulse or breathing, these are signs of dehydration. -bile (green) or blood tinged (red or brown) vomit -severe abdominal pain, even if it comes and goes -fever more than 102f or more than 101f for a few days -change in behavior including decreased responsiveness legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: Nausea

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Maybe

If she is eating, sleeping, and peeing/pooping normally, probably not.
It sounds like she may have contracted a virus, which is getting better from your description. If she develops a fever or the vomiting returns, or if you still feel uncomfortable about her condition, seek the attention of your pediatrician.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dr. J. Blake Perkins
Dr. Adam Smith