Dear doctor, could you give me the median survival in early 80, s for elderly acute lymphoblastic leukemia, ? I I am having difficulty finding these statistics. Are we making any progress in the elderly with this type of leukemia? Thanks in advance.

Not too good... Age older than 60 years is one of the adverse prognostic indicators for adult acute lymphoblastic leukemia. The presence of the philadelphia chromosome, mll gene rearrangement, WBC over 100, 000/microliter, and failure to achieve remission after 4 weeks of therapy are other poor prognostic factors. Overall, only 20-40% of adults are cured and these are usually the ones without adverse factors.
ALL. Unfortunately the survival for elderly patients with all is limited due to the intensity of the therapy needed. Patients with philadelphia chromosome positive disease may respond well to tyrosine kinase inhibitors. Without further details it is difficult to answer thus question but the survival average is generally less than 1 year for somebody in their 80's.