What can I do to reduce my anxiety over being a new parent?

Dr. Patricia Rogers

In brief: That depends on you.

Are you just an anxious person? If so, maybe therapy or a medication would help.
Do you not know how to relax? Maybe meditation would help. Would it help if you read some great books about babies? Do you have a good friend, or a relative, or a doctor who could help you identify and relieve those worries? I found that my first child taught me alot about being a parent.

In brief: That depends on you.

Dr. Patricia Rogers
Dr. Patricia Rogers
Dr. Gabriel Cline
Clinical Psychology

In brief: Grandma was right

Grandma's basic rules of mental health: - eat healthy food - avoid drugs and alcohol - get good sleep - exercise - be around people that love you - do something you care about

In brief: Grandma was right

Dr. Gabriel Cline
Dr. Gabriel Cline
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Clinical Psychology

In brief: If you are

Nervous about becoming a parent, in addition to parenting classes, i would suggest considering psychotherapy.
Tell the therapist how you are feeling, they will help you sort out why you are so fearful about becoming a parent and be there as a support once you have the baby as well.

In brief: If you are

Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Barbara Lavi
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Watch this movie

I highly recommend a documentary called.
.Babies. I think it should be required viewing for all obs and pediatricians.

In brief: Watch this movie

Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Jonathan Jassey