I know its important to go to the doctor as soon as you find out you are pregnant, but how long can you really wait? I know its important to go to the doctor as soon as you find out you are pregnant, but how long can you really wait?

Dr. Marvin Ott
Emergency Medicine

In brief: As long as

a pregnant woman isn't having any concerning symptoms (abdominal pain, vaginal bleeding), they probably don't need to see a doctor until 6-10 weeks of pregnancy.
That being said, it is extremely important to establish routine prenatal care to ensure that fetal development proceeds well, and problems are detected early if they arise. Hope this helps!

In brief: As long as

Dr. Daniel Jacobson

In brief: If

If everything is going okay (no bleeding, no pain), we usually have patients come in to see us around 6 - 8 weeks from their last period when we can do an ultrasound to be certain all looks fine.
If there are any problems or any questions, i encourage my patients to call me before then so we can discuss any of these issues. Best of luck!

In brief: If

Dr. Jane Van Dis