Are the list of restrictions during recovery for a body lift similar to lap band recovery? I want to have a body lift to get rid of the excess fat in my inner thigh area. When i had my lap band procedure done, i was given a list of restrictions that i nee

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Body Lift Recovery

I typically include abdominoplasty, outer thigh lift, and posterior butt lift during lower body lift operative session.
The inner thigh lift is typically performed in a 2nd surgical session. Recovery depends on surgical specifics, but you should be able to resume normal activities 6 to 8 weeks post-op. (https://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/body-lift/)

In brief: Body Lift Recovery

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Vishnu Rumalla
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Recovery bodylift

Thanks for your inquiry.
Your activity restrictions from a body lift are very different from the restrictions of a lap band surgery. You will be unable to stand straight for almost two weeks, sleep in a seated position for two weeks, no heavy lifting for up to six weeks if you have a muscle repair and no showering till your drains come out.

In brief: Recovery bodylift

Thanks for your inquiry.
Dr. Vishnu Rumalla
Dr. Vishnu Rumalla

In brief: In

In many ways a "body lift" is a much bigger operation than a lap-band.
The amount of tissue injury and sutured skin is dramatically higher. The recovery will be longer and the restrictions on physical activity will likely be greater after a "body lift." of course each plastic surgeon will have a specific regimen they will reccomend and it is important to ask your surgeon what they expect the post-op course to entail.

In brief: In

Dr. Marc Bessler
Dr. Marc Bessler

In brief: Without

Without knowing exactly what list you are referring to, it is difficult to answerr this question.
In general, after adjustable gastric banding, restrictions are dietary (liquids and purees for a defined period of time) as well as physical (no heavy lifting, no driving a car or operating heavy machinery while taking opiod pain meds, etc.). There would be no dietary restrictions after body contouring, but you should refer to your plastic surgeon for physicl limitations.

In brief: Without

Dr. Beth Schrope
Dr. Beth Schrope
Dr. Jane Van Dis