What causes premature ejaculation?

Dr. Jesse Mills
Urology
In brief: High sensitivity
Ejaculation is a neurological and hormonal process.
There is a spinal cord reflex at the junction of the glans and shaft on the underside of the penis. Some men are overly sensitive there and applying prescription numbing gel prior to sex is an easy way to treat this. Complex psychological and hormonal factors are also involved and can be harder to treat.

In brief: High sensitivity
Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. Jesse Mills
Dr. John Cheng
In brief: PE
I have tried a few strategies for my patients to help delay the pe.
Using a condom with a numbing medication inside the condom desensitizes the the penis and will help to delay the time till ejaculation. Once the condom is off, the medication wears off in about 1/2 an hour. Another approach is using the side effect of a prescription medication such as zoloft or Paxil (paroxetine) to delay the ejaculation.

In brief: PE
Dr. John Cheng
Dr. John Cheng