Are there any products that can be injected to reduce or modify lip augmentation? I am concerned about the lip augmentation procedure failing to produce the expected results. Can it be reversed if necessary? If not, how long will it take to fade?

Lip. Lip augmentation with an injectable is most commonly done with a hyaluronic acid product such as juvederm. The result typically lasts for 9-12 months. It can be reversed to some degree with an injection of hyaluronidase which will dissolve the product--however this is almost as expensive as the juvederm. A well trained facial plastic surgeon will augment your lips very conservatively in order to avoid an overfilled, fake look. The best lip augmentations are the ones you don't even know are injected. Good luck!
I. I use juvederm, a hyaluronic acid based product that can be easily and quickly reversed if necessary. Do not have any permanent or semipermanent fillers injected into your lips or face as there can be disasterous long term consequences. When I inject lips I call it 'aesthetic lip balancing' because it is very different from what most practitioners do. I restore natural anatomic definition and balance the shape and proportional size of the upper and lower lip to the patient's individual face. Ensure that you go to a plastic and reconstructive surgeon that is tuned to these nuances. I have attached more information that I believe you will find useful as well as abefore and after pictures to give you an idea. I hope this helps! Feel free to contact mee at (305) 328-8256 if I can be of further assistance. All the best, rian a. Maercks M.D.