How painful is an eye lift compared to other procedure? Is the eye lift procedure painful? I am very interested in having an eye lift done in order to improve the appearance of my aging eyes. However, I am hesitant to do so because I have heard that it ca

Well tolerated . Compared to other facial procedures, the pain is considerably less particularly with upper eyelid procedures. Discomfort tends to be related to mild soreness, dryness, occasional stinging, and delayed itching. If pain occurs, this could be an indication, especially if severe, of a more serious underlying problem and you should contact your physician immediately. However this is not typical.
Depends. Although the surgery is done under local anesthesia, everyone's pain tolerance is different. Also helps to get sedation from an anesthesiologist.
Not much pain. Eyelid surgery does not hurt a lot. Most people only use tylenol (acetaminophen) for pain control. Don't worry!
Eyelid surgery. Eyelid surgery is typically not a painful surgery. Most people take very little pain medication. An upper eyelid lift can be performed under local anesthesia. http://www.dassmd.com/eyelid-surgery/index.html.
Eye . Eye lift procedures are minimally uncomfortable. Long acting local anesthesia is used to numb the skin and underlying tissues. This local anesthesia lasts approximately 4 -5 hours. The eye lift procedure takes about 1 hour for the upper lids and about 2 1/2 hours for upper and lower lids combined. Once the surgery is done the patients have several hours before the anesthesia wears off and this allows cool compresses to be applied to the eyelids which further reduces any discomfort. Tylenol (acetaminophen) or like medicine is usually all that is required after eye lift surgery. Once the surgery is completed patients spend 30 minutes with cool compresses on their eyes and then go home. No strenuous activity is recommended for 1 week.
Blepahroplasty. Blepharoplasty is not a painful procedure. Most patients report stinging for a few hours which is alleviated with cool compresses. Some patients require some type of pain medication.
Pain mild to moderat. Most patients describe pain after a blepharoplasty as mild to moderate. Ice is very helpful to reduce swelling and discomfort. With the use of ice packs many patients will not require narcotic pain medication. Seek an experienced eyelid surgeon.
Is it painful. The amount of postoperative discomfort is minimal with some incisional burning for a period of 24 hours. Many of my patients are able to manage this with tylenol (acetaminophen) alone. Be healthy and be well, james m. Ridgway, md www.Larrabeecenter.Com.