Should I be tested for diabetics, and if so how? At my vision exam my optometrist (od) said I likely have diabetes and I should see an md. I saw an ophthalmologist (md) who said he can't provide an explanation for my vision problems. He said my symptoms

Test blood sugars. Absolutely! see your fp for an a1c, bloodwork, and a plan for self-maintenance of checking blood sugars and taking medications to manage diabetes. If your eye doctor already sees changes typical from diabetes (retinopathy), it is completely appropriate to start an entire diabetic lifestyle of weight loss, exercise, and routine visits. Your vision can improve with blood sugar control.
Easy to test. It is very easy to test for diabetes, either by testing your fasting sugar or a marker of the average of your sugars over the past 6 weeks. Talk to your provider.
See pcp. See your primary care physician for evaluation. The diagnosis is made on blood testing. The easiest is to measure fasting glucose and a test called hba1c. Good luck.
Best to see 1 care. Sounds like there was a misunderstanding, with the optometrist wanting you to see a primary care doc (family medicine, internal medicine) to get labs done to screen for diabetes. This would not be something an ophthalmologist would typically do. You could buy a meter w/o a prescription (~ $20) and test sugar fasting & 2 hr after medium meal. Fasting over 100 or 2 hour over 140 needs further eval.
Testing. Your question did not come through in its entirety. As regards, testing for diabetes, this is easily done by your primary care physician/gp/internist with a fasting blood test or a glucose tolerance test in which you drink a sugary mixture and the bodies response is measured. These are routine and easy tests to have performed.
A . A normal blood glucose level is below 110. Diabetes is diagnosed after 2 consecutive blood glucose tests over 126. Your blood glucose level was high, and you should follow up with your doctor. Diabetes is treated with medication and healthy life style changes. Your weight loss can certainly help normalize your blood sugar levels and may also help diminish some of the symptoms of type 2 diabetes (adult onset). Other symptoms include blurred vision, frequent urination, exteme hunger/thirst, wounds that are slow to heal, tingling in hands and feet (due to poor circulation) and recurring infections in the body. Report your blood glucose results to your doctor, and continue to follow up diligently to avoid long term affects of diabetes (amputation of a limb, peripheral vascular disease, decreased vision, increase risk of infection etc).