I'm 23 weeks preg. Is a csection safer? 15 months ago i fractured t3, t4, and a burst fracture at t5. I have bilateral rods from t2-t8. It was explained to me that if t5 would've shattered outward i would've been paralyzed and if it would've gone a hair m

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Your prior injuries

And your surgery does not alter the shape or size of your pelvic inlet or outlet.
Hence you can have a c-section, and/or natural vaginal delivery.

In brief: Your prior injuries

Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Dr. Chukwuka Okafor
Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: Completely

Completely elective c-sections are being done across the globe.
You have an additional reason to want one. If, after discussing the risks and benefits with your current OB you are unsatisfied, you still have time to find another OB or at least get a second opinion.

In brief: Completely

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Jane Van Dis