Can the body wrap procedure provoke allergic skin reactions? I am very prone to skin allergies. I avoid a lot of skin care products and cleaning solutions to prevent my skin from going itchy and red as a tomato. What are the chances of the body wrap treat

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Hypersensitivity

More likely than not if you have very sensitive skin, the likelihood of a reaction to a body wrap treatment will have similar problems.

In brief: Hypersensitivity

Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: It

It is important to report all skin allergies to your provider. Many emmolients, lotions and other substances can be used in a body wrap that can be irritating to sensitive skin.
However, it is possible to tailor body wrap treatment to meet your needs, omitting products that you are allergic to.

In brief: It

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge