What are the benefits of the different cheek augmentation procedures? I have lost a lot of the fat in my cheeks as I have aged, so I am considering cheek augmentation. I know that both cheek implants and permanent fillers are available, but I do not know

Dr. Gary Tuma
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Cheek Augmentation

There are many options for cheek augmentation.
Make sure you see a board certified plastic or facial plastic surgeon for your options. A newer technique is to use your own fat for augmentation from liposuction. Ask your surgeon if they are familiar with the technique.

In brief: Cheek Augmentation

Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Cheek

Cheek augmentation is a surgery that entails the implantation of a material to give shape to the face.
The materials will be placed through an incision, typically made by your surgeon in the upper mouth/gum area. This procedure would require general anesthesia and pose risks associated with infection, bleeding and allergy to anesthesia. During recovery, about 10 days, you will experience bruising, pain and swelling. The results are permanent. There are some minimally invasive and less exspensive options available for cheek augmentation, using fillers such as restlyane or autologous fat injections. These carry a smaller risk, but ongoing fills will be necessary since these materials eventually get reabsorbed into the body.

In brief: Cheek

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge