Can I have a cheek lift performed on the same day as another cosmetic surgery procedure? Like it or not, i'm aging in more places than just my cheeks. I would like to know if it is safe to have a cheek lift on the same day as another surgery. If i could g

Dr. Tom Pousti
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Depends...

Combination surgical procedures are done on a routine basis.
However, it is best to evaluate each patient on an individualized basis. During this consultation process, after a complete history and physical, the safety of combining these surgical procedures becomes of paramount importance. Plastic surgeon, anesthesia provider, duration of surgery, surgery facility all important considerations.

In brief: Depends...

Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Tom Pousti
Dr. Kenneth Sanders
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Short

Short answer---yes.
Most of my patients have more than one procedure when it comes to facial rejuvenation. I commonly perform a browlift, upper and lower blepharoplasty, midfacelift and facelift all in one 4-5 hour operation. Of course, not everyone needs all of this but many people combine 2-3 procedures safely. Good luck.

In brief: Short

Short answer---yes.
Dr. Kenneth Sanders
Dr. Kenneth Sanders
Dr. Shlomo Widder
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: It depends

The rule of thumb is 6 hours of surgery.
Beyond that , statistically, complication rate increases. So if your 2 procedure are with in that time frame, it is safe to do. Few other important issues that you have to consider are: board certified and experienced plastic surgeon, accredited surgery center. Good luck.

In brief: It depends

Dr. Shlomo Widder
Dr. Shlomo Widder
Dr. George Pope
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes.

Multiple cosmetic surgery procedures can be performed at the same time.

In brief: Yes.

Dr. George Pope
Dr. George Pope
Dr. Ralph Rosato
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: More than one

Quite often cosmetic procedures are combined.
Combining procedures allows one recovery period. However long procedures have potentially more risks. A detailed discussion with you plastic surgeon concerning combined procedures should help you understand the pros and cons of combined surgery.

In brief: More than one

Dr. Ralph Rosato
Dr. Ralph Rosato