How do my venous thrombosis and varicose veins affect eligibility for a calf augmentation surgery? How is calf augmentation surgery different in a person with venous thrombosis and varicose veins on his feet? I am a 41-year-old woman. I take aspirin and p

Dr. Robert Hardesty
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Based

Based on your history i would not rec.
Calf implant surgery. The increased pressure from calf implant could increase chances of dev. A dvt, if you develop DVT this could go to your lung (called a pe) and you could die.

In brief: Based

Based on your history i would not rec.
Dr. Robert Hardesty
Dr. Robert Hardesty
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Venous thrombosis

If you already have a history of venous thrombosis, it is not a good idea to have any elective surgery on your calves.
Perhaps you should see a vein specialist and see if treatment of your varicose veins can eliminate your venous thromboses.

In brief: Venous thrombosis

Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Mark Pack
Board Certified, Surgery