My husband tested negative for prostate cancer, but now has blood in his urine. What could be causing this?

Biopsy. If it was a couple weeks after the biopsy, you have your answer. Either way, see your urologist.
Biopsy side effect. If he had a prostate biopsy to rule out cancer, the blood in his urine is likely coming from this and should clear rapidly. Otherwise, he needs to be evaluated with a ct scan of his kidneys, a urine test for cancer and cystoscopy, a camera test looking into the bladder.