Am i still a candidate for lasik if I have some corneal scarring? If not, are there other options? I've had a number of eye infections over the years due to leaving contacts in too long. I'm told none are in my line of vision. Is there hope for me havi

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Maybe

If the scars are superficial, your vision corrects to 20/20, and your other scans are normal (corneal thickness, topography, posterior gloat, etc), then you may be able to consider lasik.
In patients with peripheral scars, i generally recommend considering prk (surface laser) to avoid issues related with flap creation.

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler
Ophthalmology

In brief: It

It is still possible you may be a candidate for lasik; the only way to know if to have an examination to determine the extent of the scarring.
Other options may be prk (surface laser treatment), at times this can hold less risk than lasik and help remove/reduce some of the scarring. Another option may be an insertable contact lens (visian icl). This is a permanent contact lens that is placed behind the color portion of your eye and in front of your natural lens. It is important you consult with a doctor who performs both of these procedures on a regular basis and has extensive experience. Your case is more complex, but you can have good results provided you see an experienced surgeon. If you would like a second opinion, call our office for a consultation, mention you asked a question on avvo and the staff will schedule you for a complimentary consultation. Normal consultation fee is $95. Learn more about the visian icl option at: www.Geticl.Com.

In brief: It

Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler
Dr. Brian Boxer Wachler