I have a medtronic icd model d154vwc. It shocked me 10 times recently and caused a great deal of pain (not to mention fear) this happened while I was about to go fishing on a boat with a small outboard motor. I was rushed to the hospital and a medtronic r

Immediate attention. A shock from a defibrillator requires immediate attention by your cardiologist. It is likely inappropriate shocks you got from the clinical scenario that you described but needs immediate confirmation as it can be a sign of technical failure such as electrode fracture or a rapid arrhythmia which requires urgent attention. Call !
The . The question is were the shocks appropriate, that is treating real life threatening arrhythmias? If yes you need urgent treatment. Why you are looking for a new cardiologist? I would assume that whoever placed the icd would be following you from then on.