I have a medtronic icd model d154vwc. It shocked me 10 times recently and caused a great deal of pain (not to mention fear) this happened while I was about to go fishing on a boat with a small outboard motor. I was rushed to the hospital and a medtronic r

Immediate attention. A shock from a defibrillator requires immediate attention by your cardiologist. It is likely inappropriate shocks you got from the clinical scenario that you described but needs immediate confirmation as it can be a sign of technical failure such as electrode fracture or a rapid arrhythmia which requires urgent attention. Call!
The. The question is were the shocks appropriate, that is treating real life threatening arrhythmias? If yes you need urgent treatment. Why you are looking for a new cardiologist? I would assume that whoever placed the icd would be following you from then on.