Is there a cure for herpes to kill the virus does lectroject or imulux work

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dermatology

In brief: Stick with legit Rx.

Imulux is a light treatment, which lectroject is a scary-looking electrical contraption.
I know of no credible evidence that either one works. Stick with with fda-approved drugs like valacyclovir and famciclovir, both of which kill the herpes virus and control the disease in most cases.

In brief: Stick with legit Rx.

Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joseph Eastern
Dr. Joy Jackson

In brief: There

There is no known cure for the herpes virus.
There are medications that can lessen the duration of the actual herpes outbreak. These medications are typically taken from 3 to 5 days depending on the medication. Also they can be taken daily to suppress the herpes virus so as to lessen the number of outbreaks that occur. Most physicians place their patients on suppression therapy if they have greater than ten outbreaks per year.

In brief: There

Dr. Joy Jackson
Dr. Joy Jackson