Is the recovery from thigh surgery longer than arm lift surgery? I'm having thigh lift surgery to improve my shape and ripply legs. I would like to know what is the typical length of the recovery period. How soon can I return to normal exercise routines a

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Yes, it is longer

The recovery time after a thigh lift is about 3 weeks with bed rest (avoiding all movement) for the first 7 days.
. It is also a little more demanding than arm lift recovery time - which is about 2 weeks with bed rest for the first 48 hours. You should be able to resume activities 4-6 weeks after an arm lift; 6-8 weeks after a thigh lift. However, your surgeon should give you specific instructions.

In brief: Yes, it is longer

Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Ricardo Rodriguez
Dr. Jeffrey Kyllo
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: I

I find that the recovery from thigh lift surgery can be quite prolonged.
You will have some difficulty sitting and walking initially. It is a longer recovery and usually more difficult than arm lift surgery. I would estimate that the typical recovery time for general activity is 2-3 weeks and for return to exercise is 6-8 weeks. You could certainly begin to use some arm weights sooner than that.

In brief: I

Dr. Jeffrey Kyllo
Dr. Jeffrey Kyllo
Dr. Gary Tuma
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Recovery

This varies from patient to patient but most recovery is 4-6 weeks.
No aggressive exercise for 6 weeks. The recovery can be more difficult as compared to the arms. Make sure you see a board certified plastic surgeon to go over all these questions.

In brief: Recovery

Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Gary Tuma
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Thigh surgery

Thigh surgery is a longer recovery than arm lift surgery.
You can count on two weeks of discomfort. It may take as long as a month to get back to your normal exercise routine.

In brief: Thigh surgery

Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Kenneth Stein
Dr. Adam Levy