Can acid reflux cause a sore throat? I have heartburn mostly at night and have a slight soreness in my throat most of the time.

Acid. Acid reflux can most definitely cause a sore throat. If you are routinely experiencing symptoms of gastro-esophageal reflux disease (gerd) such as: - heartburn - sore throat - "lump in the throat" sensation or difficulty swallowing - acidic or sour taste in your mouth - dry cough - hoarseness - regurgitation (wet burps) it is important to discuss these symptoms with your doctor. There are many antacid and acid blocker medications that can help alleviate your symptoms. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.