What do I need to know when choosing a good cream for facial wrinkles? I am overwhelmed by the great diversity of anti-wrinkle creams available online. Each of them promises to be the magic cure. What should I take into consideration when choosing the rig

Dr. Andrew Berman
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: Retinol

In general, the best results are regular use of a retinol.

In brief: Retinol

Dr. Andrew Berman
Dr. Andrew Berman

In brief: Most

Most wrinkles come from chronic sun damage, not dryness or aging per se.
Choose a cream with a broad spectrum sunscreen for daily use in the morning. Many manufactures make these products and the inexpensive drug store brands are as good as the $50 an ounce fancy name brands. For nighttime use, a cream with retinol (a vitamin a derivative) is helpful--again a drugstore brand is fine. Vitamin a derivatives (retinoic acid in particular) are one of the few products that can reverse sun related wrinking.

In brief: Most

Dr. Charles Perniciaro
Dr. Charles Perniciaro