My mother has been on estrace 2.0mg since 1973. She was told not get off of it. Should she, after all this time, get off of it? My mother, age 79, full hyterectory 1973, on estrace 2.0 mg. She went to gyn doctor and he gave her a prescription to get estra

Dr. Scott Musinski

In brief: There

There are certain risks to estrogen replacement therapy.
Your mother appears to have weathered these risks quite well. There may be less risk of increasing the risk of clots with transdermal (gel/lotion/cream) delivery of estrogens. The key is may. These newer methods will definitely be more expensive. Staying on her current dose still is an option.

In brief: There

Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Scott Musinski
Dr. Jane Van Dis