Will lip lift surgery be an easy transformation for me? Will lip lift surgery be an easy transformation for me? I know that I can get lip lift surgery to shorten my long upper lip, which hangs down over my teeth and makes me look older than my 45 years. A

It depends . . . An upper lip lift does elevate the position of the upper lip by shortening the skin that is between the upper lip and the base of the nose. It is a generally well tolerated. You will need to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for the upper lip lift or not. (http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/procedures/lip-lift/) Best wishes!
Results can be nice. I would visit with the doctor if your question has to do with discomfort. The doctor best knows the usual course for patients following surgery.
A . A lip lift can be performed in carefully selected patients. The lip is shortened by removing the excess skin. This incision is placed along the nostril openings and usually heals well. You will notice an improvement virtually instantly, the swelling will resolve over 1-2 weeks. As always, there are risks to surgery, these include bleeding, infection, scar, and temporary numbness in the area.