I was playing softball and went to move and it felt like i was hit in the calf , but i was not what did i hirt I am 45 in good shape and I have been iceing it

Dr. Brian Chimenti
Sports Medicine

In brief: It

It is very possible that you ruptured (partially or completely) your achilles tendon.
If you now have weakness or difficulty pushing off or standing on your "tip toes", this would support the diagnosis of a tendon tear. You should seek orthopedic attention asap, as if you indeed tore your achilles, this is best managed surgically with repair.

In brief: It

Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Brian Chimenti
Dr. Mark Pack