How much weight should I gain during pregnancy?

Varies. With each woman. Don't expect anything. Most women gain about 20 pounds. Some less, some more. Your doctor will help you if he/she thinks you are gaining too much. A healthy baby is the goal and gaining some weight is important.
Pregnancy weight gain. The general recommendation for weight gain during pregnancy ranges from 25 to 35 pounds. However, it is acceptable for underweight women to gain more and for overweight women to gain less. A well balanced diet with about 2200 to 2900 calories each day - depending on the weight of the woman - is the appropriate caloric intake for most pregnant women.