Have a red thing comin up on my for head is it skin cancer and it is starting to hurt work in sun all day and my grandpa also has had it

Time to see your doc. It is time to see your friendly dermatologist.
Skin cancer. It sounds as if this may be a type of skin cancer, likely a squamous cell or basal cell carcinoma, but it could also be a melanoma. Please see your doctor or a dermatologist to have it looked at and possibly biopsied or removed entirely.