My 11 1/2 month old daughter has redness and bumps on her privates. It looks like a rash but not sure

Dr. John Chiu
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Diaper rash

Sounds like the early stage of a diaper rash.
Change diapers more often.

In brief: Diaper rash

Change diapers more often.
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. John Chiu
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: Diaper

Diaper rash is extremely common in young children.
Babies have very sensitive skin - add urine, stool, moisture and friction from the diaper and you get a rash. Here are a few tips for treatment: -change diapers frequently, especially stool -wipe well -use unscented cloths or just plain water to wash and gently blot their bottom dry -let them "air out" - leaving them undiapered on a towel as often as possible -use generous amounts of thick white diaper cream to create a protective barrier between the skin and the next time she urinates or stools -for stubborn rashes or those that are worse in the leg creases than the surface of the diaper area with little red dots, you can try clotrimazole, an over the counter anti-fungal cream if the rash is worsening or not improving over the next few days, give your child's doctor a call. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: Diaper

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Cindy Juster