For the last year I've had a small soft spot on the inside of my nose. When touched it tends to bleed. What should I do? I don't have insurance and my doctor recommends a specialty doctor, which I can not afford. Just recently I bonked my nose on my dog

Epistaxis . Epistaxis or bloody noses can be caused by a variety of things and it is worth having it looked into by and ear, nose and throat doctor (otolaryngologist). A specific spot that bleeds easily such as you describe could be cancerous, so it is in your best interest to see the specialist as soon as possible. They can place a scope (small camera) into your nose and see why you are having the nose bleeds and make need to take a small piece of the spot you describe to check for cancer (depending on what it looks like). In the meantime, here are a few nose bleed tips. If your nose starts to bleed, pinch the soft part of your nose below the bridge (not the bridge) to stop the bleeding. Now keep pinching for 5 minutes. Set a timer or look at a watch because it will feel like forever. And no peeking! that will stop 95% of all nosebleeds. Good luck! legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.