Should i travel 750 miles in motorhime? Hi, i just finished round three of chemo for cll. Side effects include fatigue, leg and foot pain, edema in legs and ankles, headache. I am debating whether to travel 750 miles in our motorhome to attend 2 family

Dr. Joseph Hogan
Podiatry

In brief: Do not travel.

I would recommend that you not travel far from your oncoogist or oncology dept of your hospital.
The potential complications are multiple and significant.

In brief: Do not travel.

Dr. Joseph Hogan
Dr. Joseph Hogan
Good advice.
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Talk

Talk to your oncologist to determine if long travels are recommended.
Travelling in a motorhome will require you to sit for long periods of time, increasing the discomfort and swelling of your legs. However, there is much to be said about the emotional fulfillment you will recieve from seeing family and friends and travelling. Perhaps the trip can be tailored so that you will have adequate rest periods, time to get fresh air and walk around, good nutrition and hydration and take a route that is convenient to medical centers in case you need medical attention. Best of luck.

In brief: Talk

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Vikram Patel