I'm a 47 y o woman who had a total hysterectomy at the age of 34. I've never taken h.R.T. Are there any risks? I made the decision to not take medication. It's been almost fifteen years now. I'm just wondering if I should be taking them. I had to have the

Dr. Nancy Parry

Estrogen continues to be made from the fat cells and adrenal glands even after menopause so you need to be on natural Progesterone forever to balance the estrogen.
It stimulates the p53 gene to protect you from cancers.

Dr. Nancy Parry
Dr. Nancy Parry
Dr. Melissa Moffitt
Gynecology - Oncology

In brief: The

The primary known risks of early surgical menopause without subsequent hormone replacement therapy include osteoporosis (thinning bones) and cardiovascular disease.
You may want to visit your gynecologist or primary care physician to discuss with them your concerns and enquire about a bone density scan.

In brief: The

Dr. Melissa Moffitt
Dr. Melissa Moffitt
Dr. Jane Van Dis