Will a mini lift help get rid of the "old" look of my face? I'm 50 years young and i've developed sagging skin around my eyes, wrinkles in my forehead, a sagging chin and basically i look old and tired. I want to look younger to match how i feel. Will the

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Possibly

A mini-lift is one option for these issues but laser skin tightening treatments will likely be a good less invasive option.
Forehead wrinkles are often best treated with Botox injections.

In brief: Possibly

Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Jay Bradley
Dr. Kenneth Sanders
Facial Plastic Surgery

In brief: A

A "mini lift" typically only addresses the lower part of the face--the jowl area and does not help the neck.
Most surgeons use this for a younger patient with some signs of aging but only require a small change to improve the appearance. This procedure does nothing for the midface, eyelids or brows. Think of a lower facelift as addressing the structures of the face below a line drawn from the corner of the mouth to the top of the ear--including the neck. A mini lift would be the top half of a lower facelift. A neck lift would be the bottom half of a lower facelift. Lifting should include in almost all cases the deeper structures of the face not only the skin. A skin only facelift is a very old procedure but has been revived with the lifestyle lift--that in my opinion is a poor intervention for an aging face. Good luck!

In brief: A

Dr. Kenneth Sanders
Dr. Kenneth Sanders
Dr. Peter Kurzweil