Can the photofacial procedure be performed on any part of the body? I have some patches of hyperpigmentation on the back of my shoulders. Can the photofacial procedure be used to treat them? Can it be used to treat the varicose veins on the backs of my le

Dr. Jayson Dupre
Aesthetic Medicine

This treatment is generally very effective for hyperpigmentation of the skin and does not discriminate with regard to where on your body that may be.

Dr. Jayson Dupre
Dr. Jayson Dupre
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Surgery - Plastics

For hyper pigmentation.
Never for varicose veins. If it is spider veins then sclero is a better option.

For hyper pigmentation.
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Timothy Mountcastle
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Some

Some clinics and spas have extended their photofacial services to include body treatments.
Photofacials entail applying a series of intense light to the skin which is absorbed by the skin the light produces heat which is then absorbed by the skin and breaks down vessels or lesions and promotes natural healing. Overtime these treatments can reduce the appearance of rosacea, hyperpigmentation, flushing, dark spots, under eye circles and other blemished skin. Photofacial for face and body are not typically a solution for varicose veins. However there are minimally invase treatments available for varicose veins such as sclerotherapy, and endovenous laser treatment.

In brief: Some

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Buck Parker
Board Certified, Surgery