How can I minimize my potential for adverse side effects after an eyelid surgery? I'm asian, and I'm considering having eyelid surgery because I want my eyes to look bigger. I'm scared by some of the possible side effects like scarring, blurred vision, or

Asian blepharoplasty. Plan for surgery by following your surgeon's pre and postop instructions which will help minimize bruising and swelling. Have your eyelids evaluated by a board certified surgeon with expertise in these procedures.
Eyelid surgery. Eyelid surgery is a relatively safe procedure but no surgery is without risk. The best way to avoid complications in general is to get yourself in the best possible shape before any surgery. The complications you mention however, can never be completely avoided. Best bet is to find a plastic surgeon with experience in ethnic eyelid surgery and voice your concerns.
Nervous. Being nervous is completely normal before undergoing any surgical procedure. In the hands of an experienced surgeon the risks are to far and few in between for blepharoplasty. Good lick from nyc.
Asian . Asian eyelid surgery is a great procedure for the right patient. Your responsibility is to know exactly what you want your eyes to look like. It helps for the surgeon to see a picture of eyes that you like so we can use this as a guide for the surgical plan. It is important to know that it is not possible to give you the exact eye might find in a picture, the picture is only used a guide and lets the surgeon and patient to be on the same page when it comes to the plan. Once you have decided on the amount of rounding you want the surgeon will make a plan for skin excision and suture placement to cause a fold. This procedure can be done under local, iv, or general anesthesia. Recovery is about 1 week. Risk includes infection, scar, lagophthalmus (inability to close the eyes completely), poor result, need for further surgery, among others. These are all rare. Blurred vision is not something I have heard of with this procedure. Good luck!