Can sonogram reveal cancer? I recently had a sonogram of abdomen. It did not reveal any problems like tumors, etc. But I still feel bad and lost 7 pounds in last 3 days. Could it be that sonogram is just not capable to reveal tumors? Thanks

Abd US cancer. 7lb weight loss in 3 days and "feeling bad" are general symptoms that require further evaluation. You should go see your primary care for further evaluation. In general, an abdominal us is a fairly good test to be able to visualize the liver, gallbladder, pancreas, bile ducts, spleen, and abdominal aorta. However, it not commonly used for cancer detection. Ct scan may be complimentary or better.
A . A sonogram or ultrasound can detect abnormal body tissue (for example, a tumor or a fluid build up) the radiologist then interprets these images, if any abnormalities are detected. A sonogram can certainly reveal abnomalities in a body organ. Either way, it is crucial you report this weight loss to your health care provider.