Can small children get into hottubs? Ages 1 to 4 water is set at 100 degress

The . The best advice is to follow the advice of the child's doctor. Neither the american association of pediatrics nor the consumer product safety comission have issued specific guidelines for hot tub use by kids. As a general rule, however, infants and toddlers should not use a hot tub because of the risk of overheating and/or dehydration. Older children can use the hot tub, but for short periods of time (5 to 20 minutes depending on age and water temperature) after the temperature has been carefully checked (should be 102f or lower). As always, children should never be left unsupervised whenever they have access to a body of water. Other safety issues to consider are making sure drain covers are in place and that children never go underwater in a spa because the drain and jet intake suction could cause hair entanglement and drowning. Adults using the hot tub should always know the location of the pump in order to be able to cut off power in case of emergency. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.
No. Decrease the temperature in the hot tub when children want to get in. I would suggest a comfortably warm bath temperature only for them. Heat it up for yourself later.