I am experiencing night time leg twitching/jerking movements. What is causing this? This prevents me from falling asleep. What can I do

Dr. Marvin Miller

In brief: Need evaluation

During that interval between wakefulness and sleep there is some normal shifting around of arms and legs.
This does not normally require treatment.Anxiety can make these movement more pronounced and when anxiety is treated they lessen and sleep comes more quickly. Sometimes however when the restless movements are very bothersome they represent restless legs syndrome (rls) and need meds.

In brief: Need evaluation

Dr. Marvin Miller
Dr. Marvin Miller