If a thyroid nodule is shrinking, should surgery be an option? Thyroid biopsy was suspicious

Options. Are you having compressive symptoms now? Do you feel the nodule/s when you swallow? How big are the nodules? I agree with the recommendation to have another pathologist look at the "suspicious" slides. In any case, you will need to follow the size of the nodules serially to track changes.
Suspicious. Thyroid disease is nothing to fool with. Certain blood tests may have to be done. Even a reducing size may still be worrysome. If confused get a second opinion regarding your thyroid pathology slides.