I just had a surgery. Since then, I have been having pain in my outer legs and numbness in my feet; burning sensation and throbbing pain. The top of my feet are in constant pain. I experience shooting pains as well as throbbing pains. My feet also have a b

Evaluation. I would suggest evaluation initially by the surgeon.
The . The symptoms you are describing sound like superficial peroneal nerve neuropathy, which results from some type of damage to the peroneal nerve leading to loss of movement or sensation in the foot. The peroneal nerve is a branch of the sciatic nerve, which supplies movement and sensation to the lower leg, foot and toes. The common peroneal nerve gives rise to a superficial peroneal nerve and a deep peroneal nerve. The superficial peroneal nerve is responsible for skin sensation on most of the outside of the calf and top of the foot, so these areas can become numb when the superficial peroneal nerve is injured. This can be associated with direct injury, such as can occur during knee surgery, or from pressure on the superficial peroneal nerve during positioning for other types of surgery. Diagnosis is made by physicial examination and with testing, including electromyography (emg), nerve conduction study (ncs) and occasionally magnetic resonance imaging (mri). Assuming that you did not have this prior to surgery and you do not have other risk factors, such as diabetes, the prognosis for recovery from superifical peroneal nerve neuropathy is generally good. Since the damage to the nerve destroys the covering of the nerve cells (the myelin sheath), recovery may take months. On occasion, surgery may be indicated if there is corresponding muscle involvement and a site of nerve compression can be identified.
Burning. Dr fung gave a great explanation . But an evaluation is indicated by your surgeon.