"is a child with a mushy forehead showing signs of illness?" my grand daughters forehead is kind of mushy is this somethig I should worry about. I have worked ith children for many years and have never seen this before. She is nine months old and is fairl

Dr. Anna Meyer
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery - Pediatric

In brief: DR evaluation

It is difficult to assess this type of thing over health tap.
She should be seen by a doctor.

In brief: DR evaluation

She should be seen by a doctor.
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Anna Meyer
Dr. Laura McMullen

In brief: There

There are no illnesses that i know of that cause a "mushy forehead".
Some kids may have more fat under the skin of the forehead than others and she may be at one end of the spectrum. If she is growing and developing appropriately and has no other outward signs of illness, this may just be something you want to bring up to her doctor at her next check-up. Legal disclaimer: I am providing this general and basic information as a public service and my response to this question does not constitute a doctor-patient relationship. For any additional information, advice, or specific concerns, please speak with your own physician. The information provided is current as of the date of the answer entry.

In brief: There

Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Laura McMullen
Dr. Jane Van Dis