If you have drugs metobolizing in your system would it be in the blood or urine last i had a zanax in my system got charged with dwi my blood came back neg so could my urine still be dirty?

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

Xanax (alprazolam) will be detectable in a urinalysis test for up to 3 days.
A urinalysis test result can be extremely variable based on a persons weight, body mass index, fluid intake and amount of exercise one does. Also, if you have a prescription for xanax (alprazolam) is will be important to bring this information forward during your case. Best of luck.

In brief: Xanax (alprazolam)

Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Geoffrey Rutledge
Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Addiction Medicine

Many drugs are only in the bloodstream in their original form or metabolites for several hours, but may appear in urine for several days.
The presence of drug in urine is not proof of impairment at the time of driving, and the police are supposed to do a field sobriety test to show if you are truly impaired. Determining what drug levels indicate impairment is being researched now.

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
Dr. Alan Wartenberg